- RSS Channel Showcase 1363890
- RSS Channel Showcase 6978484
- RSS Channel Showcase 6391532
- RSS Channel Showcase 2872227
Articles on this Page
- 02/18/15--12:54: _Best Black Bean Soup
- 02/23/15--08:06: _Cupcake Wars For Kids
- 03/04/15--11:10: _Champions for Kids ...
- 03/05/15--09:33: _Red Lentil and Rose...
- 03/20/15--08:19: _Brain Chase: Kids S...
- 03/21/15--19:14: _Brown Eggs and Jam ...
- 03/28/15--12:25: _GoldieBlox : On Mak...
- 04/21/15--12:38: _Local Roots: Commun...
- 05/08/15--16:45: _Brain Chase 2015 + ...
- 05/28/15--20:17: _Best Products for C...
- 06/08/15--19:08: _Backyard Garden: June
- 06/09/15--19:55: _Brain Chase 2015: S...
- 08/13/15--10:52: _Back to School Brea...
- 09/02/15--11:49: _5 Tips for Better M...
- 10/20/15--06:33: _The Best Way to Get...
- 11/02/15--11:24: _An Alternative Gift...
- 11/30/15--16:02: _Shot at Life: Givin...
- 01/29/16--10:13: _Grandma’s Simple Ch...
- 01/31/16--10:16: _What We Ate and Oth...
- 03/18/16--17:26: _Homemade All Purpos...
- 02/18/15--12:54: Best Black Bean Soup
- 02/23/15--08:06: Cupcake Wars For Kids
- 03/04/15--11:10: Champions for Kids / Snacks for Students
- 03/05/15--09:33: Red Lentil and Rosemary Beet Soup
- 03/20/15--08:19: Brain Chase: Kids Summer Learning Challenge
- 03/21/15--19:14: Brown Eggs and Jam Jars: A Book Review and Maple Taffy Adventure
- 03/28/15--12:25: GoldieBlox : On Making Mistakes and a Giveaway!
- 04/21/15--12:38: Local Roots: Community Gardens, Urban Farms, and Farmer’s Markets
- 05/08/15--16:45: Brain Chase 2015 + Giveaway
- 05/28/15--20:17: Best Products for Curly Hair: Love Your Curls
- 06/08/15--19:08: Backyard Garden: June
- 06/09/15--19:55: Brain Chase 2015: Supplemental Summer Learning Activity
- 08/13/15--10:52: Back to School Breakfast Party + Sandia Peak Tramway
- 09/02/15--11:49: 5 Tips for Better Mornings with Kids
- 10/20/15--06:33: The Best Way to Get Organized and Make Some Money Too!
- 11/02/15--11:24: An Alternative Gift Registry: Simplify the Holidays, Maximize Joy
- 11/30/15--16:02: Shot at Life: Giving Tuesday
- 01/29/16--10:13: Grandma’s Simple Chowder Recipe
- 01/31/16--10:16: What We Ate and Other Weekend Links
- 03/18/16--17:26: Homemade All Purpose Cleaner: Spring Cleaning Tips for the Bathroom
I have probably been at least a part time worrier my whole life, but I didn’t fully appreciate the dark depths my mind could travel to until I became a mother. In college, when it was time to fly cross country to begin a new semester or make my way back home once the last […]
I recently helped Emma, an eleven-year old friend of mine, co-host a Cupcake Wars for Kids. We had so much fun! I carpool with this adorable, creative eleven year old girl and since we have a longer than average drive across town to school every day, we have plenty of time for discussing books (she’s […]
Being a single mom has given me a new perspective on a lot of things. At this stage in my parenting career, one of the most difficult parts of being on my own is figuring out how to make ends meet financially. We are making it work and while I am enormously grateful for what […]
In case you were wondering what it is I do all day, I’ll tell you this: I take care of a baby. Sometimes there is Red Lentil Beet Soup, but mostly it’s all baby all the time lately. For the past nine months and four weeks to be exact. The situation has eased up some […]
Brain Chase is the coolest summer program (100% my own opinion!) and I’m really excited to tell you about it! It’s awesome in its own right, but it helps that there is the possibility of winning a really fun family trip and a $10k scholarship too. While I am so grateful that my kids are […]
A snow storm blew its way through New Mexico last week and here in Albuquerque, where the snow seldom mounts more than a couple inches and rarely lasts more than a couple hours, we ended up with two genuine snow days. To make the most of it, we cobbled together some mismatched snow gear and […]
The post Brown Eggs and Jam Jars: A Book Review and Maple Taffy Adventure appeared first on Some the Wiser.
I know some people have a difficult time exposing their mistakes or owning up to them. My two divorces are the kind of mistakes, however, that inevitably invite public scrutiny. As much as I wish I could duck and cover when the topic is introduced. it’s just something that I have to learn to deal […]
Just last night my kids and I finished prepping our backyard garden plot and we are ready today to get a few things in the ground. Spring is finally happening! I can’t say we are very good at gardening yet, even though we’ve been at it for a few years now, but I have a […]
The post Local Roots: Community Gardens, Urban Farms, and Farmer’s Markets appeared first on Some the Wiser.
We just registered for 2 spots in the Brain Chase Summer Learning Challenge 2015! (I received one complimentary registration and purchased another so both of my eligible girls can participate) We are so excited for it and even more excited to giveaway another complimentary Brain Chase registration to one of you dear readers. We are […]
Right now, if you tell my daughters they are beautiful, they will say, “I know.” It’s not vanity, it’s confidence and innocence. As a mother, I just want some sort of blueprint for how to do this right, how to keep these girls wild, sweet, and tender like they are right now. They take pride […]
I have been trying to grow a backyard garden for years now. Though we have grown some things that were edible, I can’t say I’ve really had a lot of garden success. Every year I read and study and try to make it work. Raised beds. No raised beds. Water in the morning. Water at […]
It’s officially Summer Break 2015 here and we’re jumping right in! In addition to all the camping, hiking, gardening, swimming, and traveling we’re doing this summer, we’re also joining the Brain Chase Summer Learning Challenge. It’s an online summer camp for 2nd grade – 8th grade and it’s gearing up to start on June 22. […]
The post Brain Chase 2015: Supplemental Summer Learning Activity appeared first on Some the Wiser.
It’s back to school for us this week and this year I will have three of my four kids in school all day long. I’m all tangled up about it! It’s good because they love school and I’m lucky enough to have found a great school for them that I really love too. I’m excited […]
The post Back to School Breakfast Party + Sandia Peak Tramway appeared first on Some the Wiser.
Having a simple and peaceful morning routine with your kids during the school year can make a huge difference in your family’s days, moods, and even school/work performance. If the kids feel rushed and scattered before they leave the house, they carry that with them all day long. Likewise, if I start the day off […]
I don’t read a lot of organizing books because I’ve always thought that the best way to get organized is to simplify. But while I used to be so much better at getting rid of clutter and making thoughtful purchases, having four young kids in the house has really challenged my ability to stay organized. […]
The post The Best Way to Get Organized and Make Some Money Too! appeared first on Some the Wiser.
It’s November, so it’s cool if I start talking about the Holidays now, right? I’ve got a really great way for you to cut out some of the holiday stress and clutter and really make the season memorable! I know for me, it’s easier to start preparing for Christmas now and spread tasks out over […]
The post An Alternative Gift Registry: Simplify the Holidays, Maximize Joy appeared first on Some the Wiser.
As long as polio exists anywhere, it is a threat to children everywhere. Today, we’re 99% of the way to eradicating polio all together. We need to finish the job! Let’s dance because a world without polio is a world where every child can dance no matter where they live! This year, Shot at Life is encouraging everyone to dance to end polio around […]
This Simple Chowder recipe, with only a handful of ingredients, is a recipe from my grandmother and one of our family favorites. You can make it with clams, or with bacon, or just veggies. It’s creamy and each spoonful quite literally melts in your mouth. Today would have been my Grandmother’s 97th birthday. She died...
Another week, another meal. Here are some of the things we ate this week: A lot of stove top popcorn. We adore this recipe for Cheesy Herb Popcorn from Soulemama – I think we ate it almost everyday this week. These Lazy Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls from Simple Bites. We’ve been making and eating these...
Assemble your own Bathroom Cleaning Kit, get the Golden Rules for Bathroom Cleaning and Organizing, and an easy, green recipe for Homemade All Purpose Cleaner. Let’s get Spring Cleaning! This post is sponsored by Kimberly Clark and The Motherhood. All opinions and experiences are entirely my own. For the past few weeks, the temperatures have...
The post Homemade All Purpose Cleaner: Spring Cleaning Tips for the Bathroom appeared first on Some the Wiser.